People that have been searching for the best record players under a budget of $2000 are known as audiophiles for a specific reason. For one, these are people that aren’t ready for settling less for anything else except the perfect sound and are ready to pay a high amount of money for turntables as they don’t want to compromise on anything.
Here is the list compiled of the best turntable models that you can take a look at and select the one best suited for your specifications. All of these have been installed with several near features, out of which some are unique; others are common but high quality. You just have to pay attention to one important aspect and that’s the dollars you are ready to pay, and what features can that turntable offer you in return? Without, waiting for another second, let’s go ahead with the reviews.
If you have enough money to find a system that offers fantastic sounds, you may want to invest thousands of dollars to own the right equipment. In this post, we will focus on the best turntables under $2000. They are ideal for your growing vinyl collection.
Turntables Under 2000 Dollars Comparison Table
Top 10 Best Turntables under $2000 Reviews
If you want to take part in the recent Vinyl craze, it’s a good idea to find a turntable that suits your needs. You may also be interested in upgrading your system to sounds far superior to the quality coming from the one you have now. Today we have for you a list of some of the best audiophile turntables under $2000. I hope my review can help you find the right turntable for your needs. Let’s start the world’s best turntable!
Technics SL1200MLK2 TurnTable
Let’s begin with one of the best direct-drive models the Technics SL1200MLK2. This is one of the record players that gets full marks on the design as its amazing. When we talk about the brand, if you have any knowledge of record players, you will know that this company has been well known for offering rich, clear sound. Additionally, this is one of the models well known for durability.
Apart from this, the unit provides setup like none other. With this record player, you will be can play any LP records that you have. There is a good single control provided. Also, there is a vehement torque that comes with it, and hence one of the features that makes it unique.
- The turntable has great durability.
- The old retro look will be loved.
- Direct-drive operation is of the best quality.
- The set-up is superb.
- Not light in weight.
- The slider can be improved.
Music Hall MMF-7.3 2-Speed Audiophile Turntable With Ortofon 2M Bronze Cartridge
This is one of the record players that have been around for several years. You get the best solution and all of the elements that one can think of. The look and design are simple. There are components like a platter, main bearing, cartridge, and tone-arm of the highest quality. Apart from that, you get two panels. There are four Sorbothane dampers. The switching speeds and stabilization can be seen on the record player on the front left side. The turntable offers real analog resonance. Therefore this one will be the perfect choice for you if you do listen to vinyl records, but don’t have much time on handling complex tunings.
- The record player has a simple setup.
- The design gives comfort in use.
- The construction of the record player is stable.
- It needs tone-arm height tuning.
Cambridge Audio Alva TT Direct Drive Turntable
Named after the “Father of Phonograph” Alva Edison, this record player came to be known as the first in the world as an HD Bluetooth record player. This has the streaming ability of 24bit/48kHz. Therefore, it will be a good option for people that are looking for convenience but don’t want to sacrifice the performance. It seems hefty but in a positive manner. Also for the price you are paying this is stylish and offers the impression of durable build quality.
You can play the record just like the old days and it will give you nicer results over wireless. You get faithful, even-handed, and highly convincing performance.
- The set up is simple and easy to use.
- High build quality.
- A very Lovely and fluent sound.
- You get Hi-resolution streaming.
- It is a bit expensive.
- There is a lack of dynamism.
Rega RP3 Turntable
Now Rega is one of the most popular brands that you can find in the market. The surprise is that when compared to some of the other models from the brand, RP3 is affordable. It has all of the components that you can find in the most expensive models while spending about $1000. You get an audio quality that’s neat and manages well making sure you get clean and realistic sound without loss of entertainment factor. The design matches the cost and is an overall superb record player.
You do need to be well prepared for spending some additional time on the set-up. There will be an effort for balancing tone-arm as well as in the setting of tracking weight. This is one of the reasons where you can find the RP3 to be a bit demanding. But on the positive side, set-up is just a one-time thing and you are good. The sound is undoubtedly rewarding, but in case you are here for a record player that’s more of plug and play, you might want to skip on this one. There are other models on the list that are slightly expensive than this one but hassle-free.
- You get excellent sound quality.
- The build quality is fine.
- Speed change is manual.
- There is a need for careful placement for the best sound.
This is a fantastic choice when it comes to some of the expensive record players. There are features like timing and sonic grip and these are the features that you might not find even in the record players that cost twice of this one. The company has worked on improving the motor and this one is better than some of the older models. No wonder the cost is steep but is surely an excellent upgrade over the legendary turntables from the brand.
- The sound is engaging and powerful.
- The building is superb.
- Has good upgrade potential.
- The head-shell that comes with it is of poor quality.
- The design likability will depend on personal preference.
Clearaudio Concept Turntable with Concept MM V2 Cartridge (Silver)
If you are looking for the world’s best turntable under $2000, you should consider purchasing the Clearaudio Concept. However, it is impossible to put a price tag on quality.
This one is designed with a belt drive system. This system is fitted with a synchronous motor besides a pre-mounted MM cartridge. It’s built with TPE technology for superior resonance damping. Also, there are advanced silver cartridges as well as spools.
- It offers pretty clear sound
- It’s easy to set up for different preferences
- It’s resilient and sturdy, so it’s ideal for those who want to have around for a while
- You have to place this turntable on a very sturdy surface. Otherwise, it can cause vibrations of whatever surface you place it on if it’s not sturdy enough
Audio – Technica AT-LP1240 – USB Direct-Drive Professional DJ Turntable
You can get the Audio Technica AT-LP 1240-USB with the price of under $500 on Amazon. It offers an elegant as well as the cost-effective solution of the highest quality. This one is hand-crafted in the USA.
This model comes with a unique platter design. It promises to offer a high level of quality sound. Moreover, it is able to further neutralize the resonant LP.
- It comes with a USB output to connect directly to your computer
- It is affordable, especially for the quality
- The platter is incredibly wobbly that may be an inconvenience for those who need to return the turntable
- It should be better instructions to set up the cartridge
PRO JECT 6Perspex DC SuperPack with Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III
This unit is designed as an inert sandwich construction of platter. It comes with a combination of vinyl layer and MDF. Moreover, the turntable also is fitted with a pre-mounted 9’’ tonearm with 99 CC evolutions along with a 5P connect-it phono cable.
You can also get a Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III cartridge. This may be a great bonus for you if you get this option.
- It’s simple to set up. There is also a 4 and 3-year protection plan.
- It also offers technical support.
- It offers an amazing sound that can fit the beginners of the world of vinyl. Also, it’s ideal for people who are veterans.
- The Sumiko cartridge may stop working after only a couple of months.
Rega RP6 Turntable with Exact 2 Cartridge
If you are shopping for a turntable under $2000, don’t miss the Rega RP6. It’s known as a well-crafted automatic turntable. It has a sleek and gloss-back design.
This one is made with the purpose of achieving outstanding performance way beyond the expectations of a product. The Rega RP6 has an amazing built quality and reliability. Moreover, you can also use it with ease.
In addition, you will get a lifetime of musical enjoyment. It also comes with a hand-assembled RB303 tonearm in addition to a low vibration low noise 24V motor. The unit is able to last for many years.
- It comes with extremely clear and straightforward instructions that are simple to understand
- It ensures to give you the sound and clarity you are expecting
- Although it’s one of the pricier ones out there, the quality it brings is definitely worth it.
PRO JECT Xtension 10 Turntable SuperPack
This unit is designed with a low-resonance and high-density acrylic platter. It comes with the endless silicon belt driver system besides an aluminum straight type tonearm.
Moreover, it also comes with an industry-leading torque motor besides an ultra-stable platter as well as floating motor mount construction.
- This turntable offers the awesome sounds. It ensures to give you professional quality
- It’s not suitable for those who are into scratching. It’s more suitable for people who want to listen to some old records
- The belt system may be frustrating a bit at times since it tends to pop off after you turn off the motor
Overall, all the turntables we’ve just mentioned above are pretty amazing. Each of them has its own pros and cons. This is a price range that’s a high end, but one this is for sure that you do get better sound. The hardware is of the best quality for offering you unparalleled performance. You will surely find these record tables to be versatile in features in comparison with the average turntables in the market.
If you are looking for the best turntables at the price of under $2000, our list is just for you. All you need to do is just to consider how much you plan to spend as well as your musical needs.